Obesity is a growing epidemic in the United States leading to a number of health risks including:
- Type 2 (adult-onset) diabetes
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Stroke (cerebrovascular accident or CVA)
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction or MI)
- Heart failure (congestive heart failure)
- Cancer (certain forms such as cancer of the prostate and cancer of the colon and rectum)
- Gallstones and gall bladder disease (cholecystitis)
- Gout and gouty arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (degenerative arthritis) of the knees, hips, and the lower back
- Sleep apnea (failure to breath normally during sleep, lowering blood oxygen)
Is your weight affecting your health?
Bariatric weight loss surgery may be the answer to your weight loss efforts.
The most common weight loss surgery is the “Lap Band” or Gastric Band procedure, restricting the stomach from expanding and making you feel full. The Lap Band can be adjusted after the procedure to continue your successful weight loss. The Gastric Lap Band procedure is the easiest, safest and most popular surgical weight loss technique.
Ready to explore the possibilities of a gastric Lap Band Procedure for your problematic weight loss?
Contact Dr. Matthew Weiner today and discuss the possibilities. Dr. Weiner will be able to help you understand Bariatric lap band surgery and lifestyle changes to achieve your ideal weight.
Call Today (248) 413-2670 or fill out the form to the right.